Connection starts with self
It has been a year! More than a year. I’ve missed you and the practice of connecting with you, which is also a practice of connecting with self.
Like many of us during the pandemic, I have been home.
Being home has meant many things: Much more parenting. Much less investing in my work. Trying to be a stabilizing force for my family and clients, even when life felt out of control. There has been a lot of letting go of expectations and imperfectly practicing being present with myself and others.
If you are like me, parts of your life, and perhaps parts of yourself, have been put on hold to respond to the urgent needs of the times.
We have all had a year.
We’ve all experienced the loss, fear, and uncertainty of the pandemic. We’ve all been freshly reminded of the heart breaking racial and social injustices and disheartening political acrimony of our time.
This is an invitation to connect with yourself.
Some of the questions I have been asking myself include:
- What has changed in your life and within yourself this past year?
- What are you unexpectedly thankful for?
- What still feels disempowering or unfinished for you about how this past year went?
- What do you want for yourself during these upcoming months of summer?
One way these inquires have helped me is by encouraging me to show up here, in your inbox. Showing up for you is a small act in service of courage, intentional vulnerability and connection, all of which have languished for me these past many months.
In the coming months, I’ll be:
- inviting you to notice, listen, and honor yourself, even when it gets uncomfortable.
- sharing my authentic stories with you, full of big emotions and messy humanity.
- offering tools and reflection questions to support your effort to re-frame your experiences powerfully.
- providing updates on new coaching offerings.
I am grateful for you and the opportunity to connect with you and with myself! I hope that you take a moment out of your busy life to connect with yourself and those that inspire and support you!